We are hiring!
Are you a classroom teacher looking to expand your knowledge base? Do you want to learn more about serving students with academic challenges? If you are passionate about education, interested in understanding more about learning differences and challenges, and love to exercise creativity and fun while teaching, apply to Strategies for Learning!
Our specialists work one-on-one with students in our Oakland clinic and in East Bay schools. They also play a vital role in meetings with parents and other professionals.
- Provide one-on-one tutoring and/or academic remediation
- Demonstrate strong working relationships with students, parents, and staff
- B.A. or B.S. degree (will consider applicants currently in school)
- Teaching/tutoring experience
- Availability to work peak after school hours (Mon-Thur, 3:30-6:30 p.m.)
- Health clearance
- Current driver’s license and current auto insurance
We are hiring specialists in all subject areas and the following in particular: early reading, elementary and middle school math, high school math and science, and AP/Honors math and science.
Compensation depends on experience.
Please email a resume and brief cover letter expanding on your experience and qualifications for this position to Christine Zhang, Clinic Coordinator, at email@example.com. A personal example regarding your work with a student or students is welcome!