Strategies for Learning provides ongoing Family Education Workshops on timely and important topics, both at our clinic and at local schools and community organizations. Each workshop is designed to give parents an opportunity to gather information, tips, and strategies from experts and to open up a discussion around specific challenges faced by parents and students.
Workshop topics include, but are not limited to:
- Homework management
- Helping your child with homework: When to step in; when to step back
- Managing school-related stress and anxiety
- Getting and staying organized
- Test-taking strategies
- Sharpening your study skills
- Managing overwhelming school projects
- College applications and college essay writing
- Helping your student apply to college
- Using technology to enhance learning
- College Admissions 101
- Neutralizing the Homework Battle
- Supporting Your Emerging Reader at Home
- Executive Functioning: What Is It? Why Is It Important?
Looking for another topic? We are happy to work with schools and organizations on a workshop of their choice.
For more information contact Christine Zhang, Clinic Coordinator, at 510-900-3121 or email.